If you're looking for a quick vegetable side dish, then look no further than these Air Fryer Cabbage Wedges. They're the perfect combination of crispy and tender. And, they're flavored with simple seasonings you probably already have at home.
We make these cabbage wedges whenever we're looking to add more veggies to our plate—but don't feel like putting in a lot of effort. This recipe takes only 5 minutes of active time. Then, just pop the cabbage in the air fryer and let it do the rest.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy: Just 15 minutes to make! All you have to do is cut the cabbage into wedges, brush on the seasonings, then let the air fryer do the rest.
- Healthy: This recipe is a great way to add more veggies to your plate. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C, beta carotene (vitamin A), folate, and B6.
- Tender with crispy edges: Air frying cabbage wedges makes for crispy brown edges and a tender interior. The contrast is delicious, and it cooks in record time.
- Versatile: This cabbage can be paired with so many dishes. Serve it as a healthy side dish, alongside proteins, salads, pastas, roasted vegetables, or anything else you'd like!
Ingredients (and substitutes)
- Green cabbage: You'll need to cut four wedges for this recipe, which will weigh about 1 pound (454g). Or, about half a medium head of cabbage. Keep extra cabbage in the fridge. It's a healthy and inexpensive vegetable that can be easily used for stir fries, soups, sandwiches, and salads throughout the week.
- Grainy dijon mustard: Whole grain mustard adds depth of flavor to the cabbage. If you don't have any, substitute with smooth dijon mustard instead.
- Apple cider vinegar: The mild acidity from apple cider vinegar pairs well with cabbage. It brightens the flavors and helps tenderize the cabbage. If you don't have apple cider vinegar, you could substitute with white wine vinegar.
- Smoked paprika: Smoked (sweet) paprika adds a delicious, savory flavor that's a step-up from regular paprika. It's worth adding it to your spice drawer, if you don't already have it at home.
How to make (step-by-step photos)
This air fryer cabbage makes a quick side dish to accompany your meal. It takes only 5 minutes of active time—and is ready in 15 minutes from start to finish.
Here's how to make this recipe:
Find the recipe card below for the complete recipe, including all ingredients and instructions.
Want more air fryer recipes? Check out our reader favorites: Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Tofu, Air Fryer Broccoli Tater Tots, Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, Vegan Avocado Fries, and Air Fryer Broccoli Fries.
- Cut similar sized wedges: Cut each wedge so that it's 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick in the middle. The wedges will cook evenly in the air fryer if they're all the same size.
- Brush all sides: Use all of the seasoning mix, so you don't miss out on any flavor! A silicone brush (or pastry brush) is helpful to get the seasonings on all sides of the cabbage—including into the nooks and crannies.
- Air fryers vary, so watch the cook times: Different models of air fryers vary, so pay attention to the cabbage wedges and cook them for more or less time if needed.
This easy air fryer cabbage recipe makes a healthy veggie side dish. It pairs well with:
- Grain Salads—such as Farro Pilaf with Mushrooms (see photo below)
- Lentil Salads—like as Mediterranean Black Lentil Salad with Feta
- Cozy One Pot Dinners—such as Mediterranean Chickpea Casserole
- Hearty Vegan Mains—such as Vegan Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
- Vegetarian Pasta Dishes—like Mediterranean Tortellini with Pesto
- Protein of your choice
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 review below!
Air Fryer Cabbage
- 1 lb green cabbage (see note 1)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut cabbage: Use a sharp knife to cut 4 (1-inch/2.5cm thick) wedges of cabbage. (Keep any extra cabbage for another use). Spread the cabbage wedges in a single layer in an air fryer basket (see note 2).
- Mix seasonings: In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, whole grain mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Brush cabbage: Brush the seasoning mix onto both sides of the cabbage wedges.
- Bake and serve: Bake cabbage in an air fryer (no need to preheat) at 375°F (190°C) until crisp on the edges and tender in the middle, 8 to 10 minutes (time varies by air fryer). Serve hot (see note 3).
- Cabbage: You'll need 1 lb/454g of cabbage for this recipe. Typically this is about half of a medium head of cabbage. If you don't have a scale, not to worry. Just make sure you have 4 cabbage wedges, each cut 1-inches (2.54 cm) thick.
- Air frying note: If you're using a smaller air fryer, you may need to bake the cabbage in batches. Cook times varying by air fryer, so adjust as needed.
- Serving suggestions: You can garnish the cabbage with minced parsley, cilantro, or dill if you'd like. But, it's delicious served just as is, without garnish. Serve this cabbage as a side dish. It pairs well with grains, salads, protein, and/or roasted veggies.