Sip these juicy and refreshing Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas this summer! They're the perfect balance of sweet, slightly spicy, and tart. To make these cocktails extra special, we like to rim the glasses with a mix of salt and sugar.
This easy recipe comes together in minutes. There's no fancy cocktail tools or equipment needed (not even a shaker or muddler). In fact, all you need is a blender to make these margaritas on the rocks. Make a pitcher and watch it disappear quickly at parties, picnics, or barbecues.
Why you'll love this recipe
- The perfect summer cocktail recipe: These pretty cocktails are always a hit at summer parties. And, this recipe is easy to scale up if you want to make a pitcher.
- Easy to make: Altogether, less than 5 minutes to make and the blender does all the work for you.
- Salt & Sugar rim: Adding a sweet and salty rim is a quick upgrade to the classic margarita! While this step is totally optional, it's definitely delicious.
- Keep extra Jalapeno Simple Syrup for other delicious cocktails: This versatile simple syrup can be refrigerated for weeks. And, you can use extras to make more strawberry margaritas—or other cocktails, like these Spicy Pineapple Margaritas.
These Easy Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas can be made with just 5 ingredients!
- Strawberries: It's hard to beat sweet, juicy strawberries in the summer. If you have extra ripe strawberries that are starting to go soft, toss them in the blender and nobody will know! Refer to the recipe notes if you need to use frozen strawberries. And, see here for tips on buying and storing strawberries.
- Limes: Fresh lime juice balances some of the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Jalapeño Simple Syrup: This slightly spicy simple syrup is easy to make. And, you can keep extras to make other delicious drinks all summer— like Spicy Pineapple Margaritas.
- Salt & Sugar rim: Margarita glasses are usually rimmed with salt, but for this cocktail we like to use a mix of salt and sugar. The sweet and salty combination is delicious!
How to make
This simple recipe comes together in 5 minutes. You don't need any fancy cocktail making equipment (no shaker, no muddler). Instead, everything comes together in a blender. And, you can easily make a large batch for party-sized pitchers.
Here's how to make a Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita:
Other summer drinks
Pair these Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas with other summer cocktails, if you'd like. For example, use the same Jalapeño Simple Syrup to make these Spicy Pineapple Margaritas. You'll look like a cocktail pro with very little effort!
Vegetarian picnic ideas
- Halloumi Couscous Salad with Lemon: This easy and delicious couscous salad recipe is filled with colorful veggies, fresh herbs, and seared halloumi cheese.
- Lemon and Dill Chickpea Sandwich: Readers LOVE this simple vegan chickpea sandwich filling. You can use it in wraps, salads, and bowls too.
- Air Fried Avocado Tacos: Margaritas and tacos are the perfect pairing! These yummy plant-based tacos feature crispy avocados and beans.
- Vegetarian Lentil Nicoise Salad: If you're looking for a stunning and impressive make-ahead salad, look no further! This hearty salad has something for everyone.
- Jalapeno Ranch Dip with Greek Yogurt: This easy creamy dip uses Greek yogurt for a healthy twist. Pair with chips, veggies, pita, or crackers.
- Air Fryer Pita Chips: Crunchy, flavorful, and borderline addictive. These homemade pita chips can be paired with your favorite dip. Or, enjoy them on their own as a healthy potato chip alternative.
Frequently asked questions
We recommend using fresh strawberries if you can. Alternatively, you can substitute frozen strawberries—but to get a similar consistency to the recipe photographs, you'll need to let the strawberries defrost first. Then, make according to the recipe and serve "on the rocks" (over ice).
If you use frozen strawberries that haven't been defrosted, you'll get a frosty strawberry margarita. Add ice if you'd like to thicken it even further. This method is delicious too, but it makes for a blended margarita that looks different than these recipe photos.
Yes, you can! After blending the ingredients, transfer the mixture to a resealable jar or cover. Refrigerate for up to 6 hours. So that the ice doesn't melt and dilute the drink, add the ice just before serving.
Citrus juice can sometimes lose some of it's bright flavor as it sits. So, taste the drink before serving and add an extra squeeze of lime if needed.
The main difference is the type of alcohol used. A margarita is usually made with tequila and triple sec. Whereas a daiquiri is made with rum (usually white rum).
Easy Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas
- ½ cup chopped strawberries (see note 1)
- 3 tablespoons tequila (1.5 fl oz, see note 2)
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau (0.5 fl oz, see note 3)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (1 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons Jalapeno Simple Syrup (1 fl oz)
- Ice (for serving)
- Kosher Salt and/or Granulated Sugar (equal parts for rim, optional, see note 4)
- Sliced jalapenos and/or lime wedges (for garnish, optional)
- Blend: In a blender, combine strawberries, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and Jalapeno Simple Syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Prep glasses: If rimming the glasses, run a lime wedge around the rim and dip the glasses in salt and/or sugar. Fill the glasses to the top with ice. Add a slice or two of jalapenos for garnish (optional).
- Serve: Pour the mixture over the ice and serve.
- Strawberries: Fresh, sweet strawberries recommended. If you must substitute, defrost frozen strawberries before using. (If defrosting strawberries in a microwave, make sure they're not hot when adding to the blender).
- Tequila: Blanco tequila recommended. It's not aged, and therefore has a lighter flavor that works well in mixed cocktails. Choose a tequila labelled "100% de agave" so you know it's not mixed with other spirits/additives.
- Cointreau: You can use a different brand of Triple Sec instead.
- Rim: We really like using a mix of salt and sugar to rim the glasses when serving these cocktails. The sweet and salty combination is delicious! Simply combine equal parts (e.g. 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon fine kosher salt) in a shallow dish, then dip the lime-rimmed glasses into it.
- To make a pitcher (8 servings or 4 cups/1L, excluding ice): Use 2 cups chopped strawberries, ¾ cup tequila, ¼ cup Cointreau, ½ cup lime juice, and ½ cup Jalapeno Simple Syrup. Blend until smooth. Fill a pitcher to the top with ice, then pour over to serve. (If making in advance, cover and refrigerate then add ice just before serving).