Quiche is a delicious, make-ahead friendly dish to serve for brunch, lunch, or dinner. If you're wondering what to serve with quiche, then you've come to the right place! From brunch pairings, side salads, soups, vegetable sides, and so much more—these are the best sweet and savory recipes to serve with quiche.
What is quiche?
Quiche is a French tart made with a savory egg custard that's baked in a pastry crust. The custard filling is made with eggs, dairy (milk or cream)—and often cheese, vegetables, meat and/or seafood. Quiche can be served warm, hot or cold. It can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This Butternut Squash Quiche is one of our favorite quiche recipes.
What pastry for quiche?
Quiche is made with a flaky, buttery crust. You can use a homemade or store-bought frozen crust for quiche.
Most quiche crusts are made with white all-purpose flour. But, whole wheat pastry flour is a great alternative! It adds more depth of flavor (great in a savory tart)—plus it has slightly more health benefits than white flour. We make this Whole Wheat Quiche Crust often.
Quiche makes a great crowd-pleasing brunch or breakfast dish. Everyone loves eggs in the morning; and quiche can be made in advance and served at the table.
Here are some breakfast ideas for serving with quiche:
- Breakfast potatoes
- French Toast (casserole-style French Toast is easiest for serving a crowd!)
- Fruit Salad
- Side Salad (such as arugula dressed with olive oil and lemon vinaigrette)
- Yogurt or Chia Pudding Parfaits
- Cocktails/Mocktails (Mimosas, Bloody Mary with pickled green beans, etc.)
Quiche pairs especially well with salads. You can make a big bowl of salad to set out on the table—and this way, everyone can serve themselves.
Here are some of the best salad recipes to serve with quiche:
Soups are another make-ahead friendly side to serve with quiche. You can reheat a small bowl of side soup in the microwave for lunch. Or, warm up a big pot on the stove if you're serving a group.
Here are some delicious soup recipes to serve with quiche:
Vegetables & other sides
Quiche is versatile, so you can really serve it with whatever you'd like! Here are ideas and recipes for easy vegetable side dishes to pair with quiche:
- Roasted Veggies
- Fresh Veggies & Dip
- Veggie Tots
- Quick-pickled Vegetables (such as pickled green beans, pickles, etc.)
- Crackers & Cheese
Frequently asked questions
The two main differences between quiche and frittata are:
1. A quiche has a pie crust on the bottom, whereas a frittata does not. A frittata is baked directly in a skillet or pan.
2. A quiche has a more creamy and custard-like egg filling—because it has a lower ratio of eggs to dairy (milk/cream). Whereas, a frittata uses more eggs and less dairy (milk/cream), resulting in a firmer, more egg-y texture.
Yes, quiche can be frozen. If the quiche has already been baked before freezing, then we recommend reheating it in the oven at 325°F (165°C) until warmed through the middle.
Yes, quiche can be eaten cold, warm, or hot. The choice is yours! But, if the quiche has been frozen, make sure it is fully defrosted before serving.